Fort Smith, Arkansas Climate & Temperature
- Fort Smith, Arkansas, Usa is at 35°20'N, 94°21'W, 141 m (463 ft). See map.
- Fort Smith, Arkansas has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Fort Smith, Arkansas is situated in or near the warm temperate moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 15.8 degrees Celsius (60.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 24.8 °C (44.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 10.6°C (51°F) on average falling to -2°C (28.3°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 22.7°C (72.9°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 9.2°C (48.5°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 32.9°C (91.2°F) and average low temperatures are 20.1°C (68.2°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 23.7°C (74.6°F) during the day and lows of 9.8°C (49.7°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1038.8 mm (40.9 inches) which is equivalent to 1038.8 Litres/m² (25.48 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2742 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Fort Smith, Arkansas you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Fort Smith, Arkansas Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Fort Smith, Arkansas Climate Graph in Metric Units
Fort Smith, Arkansas Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Fort Smith, Arkansas, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Sedan, Ks, Usa - 257.7 kms (160.1 miles) NW
- Columbus, Ks, Usa - 193.8 kms (120.5 miles) NNW
- Independence, Ks, Usa - 236.3 kms (146.8 miles) NW
- Pawhuska, Ok, Usa - 231.2 kms (143.7 miles) NW
- Gravette, Ar, Usa - 121.3 kms (75.4 miles) N
- Tulsa, Ok, Usa - 167.4 kms (104 miles) NW
- Perry, Ok, Usa - 249.2 kms (154.8 miles) WNW
- Muskogee, Ok, Usa - 101.8 kms (63.3 miles) WNW
- Webbers Falls ,Ok, Usa - 68.5 kms (42.5 miles) WSW
- Springfield, Missouri, Usa - 228.4 kms (142 miles) NNE
- Neosho, Mo, Usa - 188.2 kms (117 miles) N
- Eureka Springs, Ar, Usa - 131.6 kms (81.8 miles) NNE
- Fayetteville, Ar, Usa - 81.2 kms (50.5 miles) NNE
- Mena, Ar, Usa - 49.8 kms (31 miles) SE
- Ozark, Ar, Usa - 49.8 kms (31 miles) SE
- Conway, Ar, Usa - 218.3 kms (135.6 miles) E
- Subiaco, Ar, Usa - 49.8 kms (31 miles) SE
- Little Rock, Arkansas, Usa - 205.8 kms (127.9 miles) ESE
- Pine Bluff, Ar, Usa - 248.4 kms (154.3 miles) ESE
- Prescott, Ar, Usa - 193.9 kms (120.5 miles) SE